Common certifications to be RRC Compliant 8-29-2018

Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC)
RV Certifications Commonly Needed to be Compliant
The LP-Gas Safety Rules require each individual performing regulated activities to be certified through examination. There are two different levels of examination: Management and Employee.

(click on the word Management for direct RRC link)

A licensee must employ at least one company representative who has passed the applicable management-level qualifying examination and met all applicable training requirements. Each license category has a corresponding management level exam. A company representative applicant may not perform work or be employed in any capacity requiring contact with LPG before these requirements are met. Management-level examinations are closed book.

Management Level Examinations
To become a Category F, I, or M, management-level certificate holder, you must pass the qualifying examination and complete the applicable training course. Category F or I applicants must complete the 16-hour Category F and I Management Course. Category M applicants must complete an approved 8-hour training course.
To maintain your Category F, I, and M management-level certification, you must complete at least eight hours of continuing education every four years. If applicable, the continuing education due date is printed on each certified individual’s Railroad Commission LP-gas certification card (“blue card”).

Category P applicants and certificate holders are not required to comply with any LP-gas training or continuing education requirements.

Below is a description of each management level examination and the activities they cover.
Category F. Cylinder Filling. Operate a cylinder-filling facility, including cylinder filling, the sale of LP-gas in cylinders, and the replacement of cylinder valves.

Category I. Service Station and Cylinder Filling. Operate any service station and cylinder activity set out in Category F and G.

Category M. Recreational Vehicle Installers and Repairmen. Sell, service and install recreational vehicle containers; install, repair and service recreational vehicle appliances, piping, and LP-gas systems, including recreational vehicle motor or mobile fuel systems and containers.

Category P. Portable Cylinder Exchange. Operate a portable cylinder exchange service, where LP-gas is sold in portable cylinders whose LP-gas capacity does not exceed 21 pounds, where the portable cylinders are not filled on-site, and where no other LP-gas activity requiring a license is conducted. See LP-Gas Safety Rules
§9.17, Designation and Responsibilities of Company Representatives and Operational Supervisors, for options for Category P licensees.
Last Updated: 7/20/2015 11:05:23 PM

(click on the word Employee for direct RRC link)

No individual may perform work or be employed in any capacity requiring contact with LPG until he or she has passed the required Railroad Commission qualifying examination. Employee-level examinations are open book. The Commission will provide the publications to be used during the exam.